...do YOUR families link back to first South Australian wheat growers?
Christina and Donald McLEAN from Scotland 1837
1776 - 1862 (86 years)
||Charles CAMERON  |
* 1799: Action of the Trustees of Chief Donald Cameron of Lochiel against Charles Cameron, Tacksman of 1/4 of SALLACHAN, for arrears of Rent of £11.2.1/2d. (Source: Email from Chris Doak on 6th April 2020 quoting National Archives of Scotland - SC28/16/1. Processes of the Fort William Sheriff Court, 1799).
* 1804: Charles was one name in a long list most owing only a small amount of money to Mr Alexander McIntyre, Merchant, Fort William, who presumably died suddenly. (Source: Email from Chris Doak on 6th April 2020 quoting National Archives of Scotland: SC28/16/5. Processes of the Fort William Sheriff Court 1804: Debtors of the deceased.)
* 1809: Charles Cameron of Guisach was taken to court as a debtor to Duncan Cameron, merchant in Banavie. (Source: clan-cameron.org.au/genealogy)
|Miller in Bunree, near Culchenna, Onich (source: cla-cameron.org.au/genealogy) |
|Tacksman of 1/4 of Sallachan|
* Inventory of farmstock: 3 black cows, 1 speckled red and white cow, 1 two year old stot (red-white faced), 2 black stots (two year old), 1 three year old black cow (white faced), 1 three year old black cow, 1 red year-old (May last) stirk, and 150 sheep. (Source: Email from Chris Doak on 6th April 2020 quoting National Archives of Scotland - SC28/16/1. Processes of the Fort William Sheriff Court 1799)
||* Achnacarry: Charles might have grown up there as a child because his father was the miller at Achnacarry. |
* Sallachan: This is a farm on the north side of Loch Arkaig. Charles's first son (Hector) was born there in 1798. His second child Ewen was born in 1802 in the parish of Kilmallie which is a huge parish which includes Loch Arkaig and Fort William.
* Eviction: Everyone was evicted from farms around Loch Arkaig in 1804.
* Banavie: This is 4 kms north of Fort William. Charles's third child (Annie) was born there in 1805.
* Guisach: This might be near Corpach, north east of Fort William. There were three children born there in 1807, 1809 & 1811.
* Culchenna: This might be near Bullachulish. Two children were born there in 1813 & 1815.
* Bunree: This is near Bullachulish. The last two children were born there in 1811?? & 1818. Charles died there in 1862.
||30 Jul 1862
||Bunree Scotland 
- In the parish of Ballachullish & Corran of Ardgour
||Christina and Donald McLean
||6 Apr 2022 |
||Donald CAMERON, b. c.1743 or 1752, Aviemore Cairngorms -possibility |
||Jane (Jean) ROBERTSON |
|Children of marriage
||Comments by Don Gordon in November 2020:|
Donald Cameron and Jane Robertson had at least two daughters (Christ'n & Jane/Jean) and at least two sons (Donald & Charles). There might be other children, but we have no direct evidence of this.
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||Mary CAMERON, b. 1774, d. 10 Sep 1867, Bunree Scotland (Age 93 years) |
||Two sisters married two brothers. |
|+||1. Alastair (or Alistair) CAMERON |
| ||2. Hector CAMERON, b. 1798, Sallachan Loch Arlkaig Scotland |
| ||3. Ewen CAMERON, b. 1802, Kilmallie Scotland |
| ||4. Annie CAMERON, b. 1805, Banavie Scotland |
| ||5. John CAMERON, b. 1807, Guisach Corpach Scotland |
| ||6. Isobel CAMERON, b. 1809, Guisach Corpach Scotland |
| ||7. Kenneth CAMERON, b. 1811, Guisach Corpach Scotland |
| ||8. Duncan CAMERON, b. 1813, Culchenna near Bullachulish Scotland |
| ||9. Alexander CAMERON, b. 1815, Culchenna near Bullachulish Scotland |
| ||10. Catherine CAMERON, b. 27 Nov 1811, Bunree Scotland |
| ||11. Charles CAMERON, b. 1 Jul 1818, Bunree Scotland |
||6 Apr 2022 10:57:40 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||Charles Cameron, died on 30th July 1862 in Bunree|
His death certificate has:-
• Name: Charles Cameron
• Year of birth: Aged 86 years old when he died in 1862 – born about 1776
• Date of death: 30th July 1862
• Place of death: Bunree in the parish of Ballachulish & Corran of Ardgour
• Parents: Donald Cameron (miller) & Jane Cameron nee Robertson – both deceased
• Occupation: Miller – ie same as father
• Spouse: Mary Cameron
• Son: Ewen Cameron – he was present at the time of the death of Charles. He was illiterate
||Family tree from Jeff McLeod - ID 9091|
Descendants of Donald Cameron & Jane Robertson