...do YOUR families link back to first South Australian wheat growers?
Christina and Donald McLEAN from Scotland 1837
||Charles (jnr) THOMPSON  |
||30 Aug 1878
||Mt Barker SA 
||This Charles might have died as an infant because another child, born just 11 months after, was also named Charles.|
(This note by Don Gordon in June 2021)
||Christina and Donald McLean
||4 Jun 2021 |
||Charles (snr) THOMPSON, b. 15 Mar 1859, Isles of Scilly (IOS) Cornwall England UK , d. 15 Mar 1925, Adelaide SA (Age 66 years) |
||Jane James Johns BARNES, b. 25 Dec 1857, Penzance UK , d. 22 Nov 1928, Loxton SA (Age 70 years) |
||13 May 1877
||Penzance UK 
|Children of marriage
||There were small gaps between some pregancies:-|
* Between the Annie and first Charles- 12 months
* Between the two named Charles - 11 months
* Between the second Charles and Millie - 12 months
* Between William and Laura - 13 months
||* 13 May 1877 - marriage solemnised at the Register Office in the District of Penzance in the County of Cornwall|
* Groom: Charles THOMPSON, 18 yrs, bachelor, butcher (father William Thomson, pilot)
* Bride: Jane James Johns BARNES, 19 yrs, spinster (father Benjamin Barnes (deceased), market gardener
* English Marriage Certificate # 147 (Warren McLean has a copy on file)
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- [S-250] Warren McLean - ID 1506 - 'Narratives - Douglas Hamilton McLean' in the Library directory on Don Gordon's computer, Page 8 - in the newspaper notice of the death of his father, Charles (snr).
- [S-250] Warren McLean - ID 1506 - 'Narratives - Douglas Hamilton McLean' in the Library directory on Don Gordon's computer, Page 10.
- [S-250] Warren McLean - ID 1506 - 'Narratives - Douglas Hamilton McLean' in the Library directory on Don Gordon's computer, Page 9.