...do YOUR families link back to first South Australian wheat growers?
Christina and Donald McLEAN from Scotland 1837
1843 - 1895 (52 years)
||Isabella CATTANACH |
||Kingussie Scotland [1, 2]
- She was 25 years old when she was married in 1868.
||John Macleod stated - "Mrs Kinnaird my cousin was the oldest of the Cattanachs ... She lost her husband and her children. ... I think she was only fifty two when she died. In her young married life her home was in Edinburgh"  |
||She was a domestic servant at the time of her wedding.  |
||She was living in Newtonmore at the time of her wedding.  |
- She was 52 when she died.
||Christina and Donald McLean
||16 Nov 2020 |
||Donald CATTANACH, b. 1813, Kingussie Scotland |
||Catherine MACMASTER, b. 1821, Argyll Scotland , d. 1863 (Age 42 years) |
|Children of marriage
||In 1851 the household consisted of Donald (aged 38 yrs), Catharine (30), Isabella (8), Mary (6), Anne (3), Catherine (1), John Cattanach (82) & Mary Macmaster (56).  |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||Alexander KINNAIRD, b. 1842 |
||23 Jun 1868
||Newtonmoor Scotland 
||Minister at the wedding - Neil Dewar, Minister of the Free Church, Kingussie.|
Witnesses at the wedding - D McDougall Grantown & W Cattanach
||Alex was living in Edinburgh before the wedding and Isabella was in Newtonmore where the wedding was held. They probably commenced their married life in Edinburgh. |
||16 Nov 2020 13:40:38 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||ww - Isabella Cattanach & Alex Kinnaird - married on 23rd June 1868 in Newtonmore|
* Marriages in the Parish of Kingussie & Insh in the County of Inverness
* 1868 on the 23rd day of June at Newtonmore after banns according to the forms of the Free Church
* Groom: (signed) Alexr Kinnaird, Journeyman mason, bachelor, aged 26, of 46 Home Street, parish of Cuthberts Edinburgh
* Bride: (signed) Isabella Cattanach, domestic servant, spinster, aged 25, of Newtonmore parish of Kingussie County Inverness
* Parents of groom: James Kinnaird , tenant farmer & Ann Kinnaird MS MacGregor
* Parents of bride: Donald Cattanach, slater & Catherine Cattancach, maiden surname McMaster (deceased)
* Minister: (signed) Neil Dewar, Minister of the Free Church, Kingussie
* Witnesses D McDougall Grantown & W Cattanich
* Registered 1868 June 26th at Kingussie, JA Cameron Regr
||ww - 1851 census - household of Donald Cattanach in Newtonmore|
1851 census - household in 52 SS Military Road Newtonmoor
* Donald Cattanach, head, married, 38 yrs (born c1813), slater, born Inverness Shire Kingussie
* Catherine Cattanach [nee Macmaster), wife, 30 yrs (c1821), born Argyll Shire Kilmallie
* Isabella Cattanach, daughter, unmarried, scholar, 8 yrs (c1843), born Inverness Kingussie
* Mary Cattanach, daughter, scholar, 6 yrs (c1845), born Inverness Kingussie
* Anne Cattanach, daughter, at home, 3 yrs (c1848), born Inverness Kingussie
* Catherine Cattanach, daughter, 1 yr (c1850), born Inverness Kingussie
* John Cattanach, father, widower, farmer ten acres, 82 yrs (c1769), born Inverness Kingussie
* Mary MacMaster (nee MacMillan), mother-in-law, widow, 56 yrs (c1795), born Argyll Kilmallie
||ww - 1861 Census - household of Donald Cattanach in Kingussie|
1861 census - No 39 - street unreadable, 2 rooms with windows, 4 school children
* Donald Cattanach, head of household, married, 47 years old (c1814), Slater, born Inverness Kingussie??
* Catherine Cattanach (nee MacMaster), wife, married, 40 years (c1821), born Argyll Kilmallie,
* Bell (Isabella), daughter, unmarrried, 18 yrs (c1843), born Inverness Kingussie
* Anne Cattanach, daughter, unmarried, 13 yrs (c1848), born Inverness Kingussie
* Catherine Cattanach, daughter, unmarried, 11 yrs (c1850), born Inverness Kingussie
* John?? Cattanach, son, unmarried, 9 yrs (c1852), born Inverness Kingussie
* Dinit?? Cattanach, son, unmarried, 6 yrs (c1855), born Inverness Kingussie
* Ewen?? Cattanach, son, unmarried, 3 yrs (c1858), born Inverness Kingussie
* Kinnid?? Cattanach, son, unmarried, 1 yr (c1860), born Inveress Kingussie
- [S-226] Marriage certificate attached to this profile .
- [S-228] Census Scotland 1851 Christina and Donald McLean , Census attached to this profile.
- [S-223] John Macleod's Memoirs - see D56 in Small Print, p271.
- [S-223] John Macleod's Memoirs - see D56 in Small Print, p267.