...do YOUR families link back to first South Australian wheat growers?
Christina and Donald McLEAN from Scotland 1837
||Mary (the first) CATTANACH |
||This Mary might have died early because another child, given the same name, was born in 1852 (when the first Mary would have been 7 years old). She is on the 1851 census, but not the 1861 census. |
||Christina and Donald McLean
||27 Dec 2020 |
||Donald CATTANACH, b. 1813, Kingussie Scotland |
||Catherine MACMASTER, b. 1821, Argyll Scotland , d. 1863 (Age 42 years) |
|Children of marriage
||In 1851 the household consisted of Donald (aged 38 yrs), Catharine (30), Isabella (8), Mary (6), Anne (3), Catherine (1), John Cattanach (82) & Mary Macmaster (56).  |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||ww - 1851 census - household of Donald Cattanach in Newtonmore|
1851 census - household in 52 SS Military Road Newtonmoor
* Donald Cattanach, head, married, 38 yrs (born c1813), slater, born Inverness Shire Kingussie
* Catherine Cattanach [nee Macmaster), wife, 30 yrs (c1821), born Argyll Shire Kilmallie
* Isabella Cattanach, daughter, unmarried, scholar, 8 yrs (c1843), born Inverness Kingussie
* Mary Cattanach, daughter, scholar, 6 yrs (c1845), born Inverness Kingussie
* Anne Cattanach, daughter, at home, 3 yrs (c1848), born Inverness Kingussie
* Catherine Cattanach, daughter, 1 yr (c1850), born Inverness Kingussie
* John Cattanach, father, widower, farmer ten acres, 82 yrs (c1769), born Inverness Kingussie
* Mary MacMaster (nee MacMillan), mother-in-law, widow, 56 yrs (c1795), born Argyll Kilmallie
- [S-228] Census Scotland 1851 Christina and Donald McLean , Census attached to this profile.
- [S-223] John Macleod's Memoirs - see D56 homepage menu "Small Print", p267.