...do YOUR families link back to first South Australian wheat growers?
Christina and Donald McLEAN from Scotland 1837
1850 - 1901 (50 years)
||James Henry TEAGUE  |
||22 Jul 1850
||Blakiston, SA 
||19 Feb 1901
||Orroroo, SA 
||Christina and Donald McLean
||28 Feb 2019 |
||Eliza MIELS, b. 10 Jun 1854, Adelaide South Australi , d. 4 Jul 1946, Orroroo, SA (Age 92 years) |
|Children of marriage
||* For much more information about the Teague family - contact Kaye Schofield email email@example.com|
* EDWARD TEAGUE & SUSANNAH PASCOE
* Births: Edward was born 15th 1807 in Cornwall. Susannah was born on 6th May 1811 in Truro in Cornwall
* Deaths: Edward died on 30th July 1883 in Stirling West in SA. Susannah died on 30th July 1894 in Stirling West SA.
* Marriage: They were married on 14th Aug 1831 at St Clement in Cornwell.
* Migration: They migrated from Cornwall to South Australia in 1849 with seven children.
* Children: 9 total - 7 born in Cornwell and 2 more born in Australia.
* One of their children was Mary Jane Teague who became 2 x great-grandmother of Kaye Schofield.
* Another child was James Henry Teague who married Eliza Miels.
JAMES HENRY TEAGUE & Eliza MIELS
* Children: James and Eliza had 14 children - only two of these, Florence and Frances (Fanny), are included in the website of Christina and Donald McLean.
TEAGUE & NUTT FAMILIES
* Florence and Fanny married Horace George Archibald Nutt and Joseph Hurtle Nutt who were sons of John Thomas Nutt and Mary Dawson McLean. So, two sisters, married two brothers.
* Both the Teague and Nutt families were early pioneers in the settlement of the northern areas of South Australia around Orroroo. James Henry Teague (father of Florence & Fanny) and John Thomas Nutt (father of Horace & Joseph) were original selectors in the Hundred of Walloway (1876) and their paths crossed in various ways over the years. They were two of only four Orroroo farmers who petitioned the government in 1897 not to establish the Pekina Irrigation Scheme (65 residents petitioned for it). 
|+||1. Florence Matilda TEAGUE, b. 23 Oct 1881, Frome SA , d. 6 Dec 1970, Orroroo, SA (Age 89 years) |
| ||2. Frances Marion (Fanny) TEAGUE, b. 12 Jul 1889, Johnburgh, SA , d. 21 Dec 1912, Orroroo, SA (Age 23 years) |
||28 Feb 2019 06:23:21 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- [S-169] Kaye Schofield - further documentation is welcome, Email on 28th Feb 2019.