...do YOUR families link back to first South Australian wheat growers?
Christina and Donald McLEAN from Scotland 1837
||Alexander KINNAIRD |
- He was 26 years old when he was married in 1868.
||Mr Kinnaird was probably a deacon in Dr Begg's congregation in Edinburgh.  |
|Journeyman mason - as per wedding record |
||At the time of his wedding, he was living at 46 Home Street, Parish of St Cuthberts, Edinburgh  |
||Christina and Donald McLean
||16 Nov 2020 |
||Isabella CATTANACH, b. 1843, Kingussie Scotland , d. 1895 (Age 52 years) |
||23 Jun 1868
||Newtonmoor Scotland 
||Minister at the wedding - Neil Dewar, Minister of the Free Church, Kingussie.|
Witnesses at the wedding - D McDougall Grantown & W Cattanach
||Alex was living in Edinburgh before the wedding and Isabella was in Newtonmore where the wedding was held. They probably commenced their married life in Edinburgh. |
||16 Nov 2020 13:40:38 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||ww - Isabella Cattanach & Alex Kinnaird - married on 23rd June 1868 in Newtonmore|
* Marriages in the Parish of Kingussie & Insh in the County of Inverness
* 1868 on the 23rd day of June at Newtonmore after banns according to the forms of the Free Church
* Groom: (signed) Alexr Kinnaird, Journeyman mason, bachelor, aged 26, of 46 Home Street, parish of Cuthberts Edinburgh
* Bride: (signed) Isabella Cattanach, domestic servant, spinster, aged 25, of Newtonmore parish of Kingussie County Inverness
* Parents of groom: James Kinnaird , tenant farmer & Ann Kinnaird MS MacGregor
* Parents of bride: Donald Cattanach, slater & Catherine Cattancach, maiden surname McMaster (deceased)
* Minister: (signed) Neil Dewar, Minister of the Free Church, Kingussie
* Witnesses D McDougall Grantown & W Cattanich
* Registered 1868 June 26th at Kingussie, JA Cameron Regr
- [S-226] Marriage certificate attached to this profile .
- [S-223] John Macleod's Memoirs re TGSI - see D56 homepage menu "Small Print", p271.