...do YOUR families link back to first South Australian wheat growers?
Christina and Donald McLEAN from Scotland 1837
||Donald CATTANACH |
||Kingussie Scotland 
- Born in Kingussie about 1813, according to the 1851 census.
||He was one of the noted laymen of the Free Church  |
|According to the 1851 census, the household consisted of Catherine and Donald and 4 daughters - Isabella, Mary, Anne & Catherine. Also Donald's widowed father John, and Catherine's widowed mother Mary. |
||Slater [3, 4] |
||Newtonmoor Scotland 
|52 S S Military Road, Newtonmoor |
||Christina and Donald McLean
||16 Nov 2020 |
||Catherine MACMASTER, b. 1821, Argyll Scotland , d. 1863 (Age 42 years) |
|Children of marriage
||In 1851 the household consisted of Donald (aged 38 yrs), Catharine (30), Isabella (8), Mary (6), Anne (3), Catherine (1), John Cattanach (82) & Mary Macmaster (56).  |
| ||1. Isabella CATTANACH, b. 1843, Kingussie Scotland , d. 1895 (Age 52 years) |
| ||2. Mary (the first) CATTANACH, b. 1845, Kingussie |
| ||3. Anne CATTANACH, b. 1848, Kingussie Scotland |
| ||4. Catherine CATTANACH, b. 1850, Kingussie Scotland |
| ||5. Mary (the second) CATTANACH, b. 1852 |
| ||6. Alexander CATTANACH |
| ||7. Ewen CATTANACH |
||13 Jul 2020 12:05:32 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||ww - 1851 census - household of Donald Cattanach in Newtonmore|
1851 census - household in 52 SS Military Road Newtonmoor
* Donald Cattanach, head, married, 38 yrs (born c1813), slater, born Inverness Shire Kingussie
* Catherine Cattanach [nee Macmaster), wife, 30 yrs (c1821), born Argyll Shire Kilmallie
* Isabella Cattanach, daughter, unmarried, scholar, 8 yrs (c1843), born Inverness Kingussie
* Mary Cattanach, daughter, scholar, 6 yrs (c1845), born Inverness Kingussie
* Anne Cattanach, daughter, at home, 3 yrs (c1848), born Inverness Kingussie
* Catherine Cattanach, daughter, 1 yr (c1850), born Inverness Kingussie
* John Cattanach, father, widower, farmer ten acres, 82 yrs (c1769), born Inverness Kingussie
* Mary MacMaster (nee MacMillan), mother-in-law, widow, 56 yrs (c1795), born Argyll Kilmallie
||ww - 1861 Census - household of Donald Cattanach in Kingussie|
1861 census - No 39 - street unreadable, 2 rooms with windows, 4 school children
* Donald Cattanach, head of household, married, 47 years old (c1814), Slater, born Inverness Kingussie??
* Catherine Cattanach (nee MacMaster), wife, married, 40 years (c1821), born Argyll Kilmallie,
* Bell (Isabella), daughter, unmarrried, 18 yrs (c1843), born Inverness Kingussie
* Anne Cattanach, daughter, unmarried, 13 yrs (c1848), born Inverness Kingussie
* Catherine Cattanach, daughter, unmarried, 11 yrs (c1850), born Inverness Kingussie
* John?? Cattanach, son, unmarried, 9 yrs (c1852), born Inverness Kingussie
* Dinit?? Cattanach, son, unmarried, 6 yrs (c1855), born Inverness Kingussie
* Ewen?? Cattanach, son, unmarried, 3 yrs (c1858), born Inverness Kingussie
* Kinnid?? Cattanach, son, unmarried, 1 yr (c1860), born Inveress Kingussie
- [S-223] John Macleod's Memoirs - see D56 homepage menu "Small Print", p267.
- [S-223] John Macleod's Memoirs - see D56 homepage menu "Small Print", p269.
- [S-227] Marriage record of son or daughter.
- [S-228] CENSUS Scotland 1851 Christina and Donald McLean , Census attached to this profile.