We think, but not have confirmed, that two brothers married two sisters.
* The first marriage was in Willunga in 1854 when John Matthews was 22 years old and Elizabeth Vinecombe was 33 years. This is a surprising 11 years difference.
* The other marriage, three and a half years later, was in Noarlunga in 1857 when George Matthews was 19 years old and Caroline Vinecombe was 17 yrs.
* Willunga and Noarlunga are 35 kms apart.
* The brothers were born 6 years apart - John Mathews was born in c1832 and George Matthews in c1838. However there is a big gap of 19 years with 'sisters' - Elizabeth Vinecombe was born c1821 and Caroline was c1840. Not impossible, but they might be cousins rather than sisters. This needs to be checked.
* (Note by Don Gordon on 30th May 2019)