...do YOUR families link back to first South Australian wheat growers?
Christina and Donald McLEAN from Scotland 1837
||Elizabeth KEATING  |
- Elizabeth married a man named HOGFLESH but may have changed her surname to GRIFFITH. There is no confirmation of this possibility.
||6 May 1851
||Glen Osmond SA [1, 2]
||There is very little information about Elizabeth KEATING. She was apparently the only daughter of Margaret NEE McLean later Keating and later JOHNS. She might have been born about 1848 because the records associated with the death of mother, have her as 64 years old when her mother died on 30th July 1912. We have been informed that Elizabeth, married a man named HOGFLESH, but may have changed her surname to GRIFFITH. There is no confirmation of this possibility. As far as we know, there is no other information about Elizabeth. We were unable to trace her.  |
||Christina and Donald McLean | Margaret McLean's descendants
||21 Feb 2018 |
||James KEATING, b. c.1825, UK , d. 1860, SA (Age ~ 35 years) |
||Margaret MCLEAN, b. 1827, Argyll Scotland , d. 30 Jul 1912, Geelong Vic (Age 85 years) |
||8 Aug 1850
||Adelaide SA [3, 4]
- on 27.5.2016 Lorna McLean altered the year of marriage of Margaret McLean to first husband from 1950 to 1850. the dates dont marry up AT ALL otherwise.
IN FACT THE PROFILE OF MARGARET MCLEAN STATES (even with above alteration-guesstimate-change) that her first child ELIZABETH KEATING was born 1848. Not unusual for those days as distances to registry offices are few and far between. At 20miles a day on horse back. Add a buggy, weather and a newly delivered baby to more travel time on a buggy.
05/12/2016 Another website http://www.familyhistorysa.info/colonists.html
states KEATING James, Margaret MCLEAN married 1850-08-08 at Manse, Freeman St, Adelaide SA, aged 25, 23. This is giving them birth dates of James in 1825, and Margaret 1827? Further research necessary to justify altering the BRB team research.
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||1995 - Elizabeth Keating & Griffiths & Hogsflesh|
Biography as published in the BRB in 1995.
There is another person GRIFFITHS. database has only 5. a female b1961, male b.1963, male b.1929, male b.unknown, male b. 1965 dont know which to attach to elizabeth b1848 and hogsflesh b unknown AND NO IMAGE TO USE AS REFERENCE-do you know Don?
- [S-3] FS BRB - 'Donald & Christina McLean & Their Descendants', 1995, The BRB has a good index for each individual. Copies of the BRB available Strathalbyn National Trust Museum & Library, several libraries around Australia including State Library SA, and Western Australian Genealogical Society Bayswater WA Request assistance for locating a copy through 'Contact us' on this website. .
- [S-59] http://www.familyhistorysa.info/colonists.html, Barry Leadbetter, 1, 16.01.2017 Lorna McLean.
KEATING James, Margaret MCLEAN, parents of child born 1851-05-06 named Elizabeth at Glen Osmond SA: this detail entered. Removing just year 1848. There are some locations citing the ages of the parents and the child. Researcher Lorna McLean 05.12.2016
- [S-18] PUBLICATION Edwin Maclean's genealogy(no sources provided), Person 14-ix.
Groom Last Name: KEATING
Bride Given Name(s): Margaret
Bride Last Name: MCLEAN
Marriage Date: 1850, August 08
Marriage Place: Manse Freeman St Adelaide
Groom Age: 25
Groom Approx. Birth Year: 1825
Groom Marital Status: N
Bride Age: 23
Bride Approx. Birth Year: 1827
Bride Marital Status: S
Bride Father Name: