...do YOUR families link back to first South Australian wheat growers?
Christina and Donald McLEAN from Scotland 1837
1866 - 1956 (90 years)
||Eliza Jessie MCLEAN  |
||5 Jul 1866
||Angas Plains SA 
- «b»ELIZA JESSIE McLEAN«/b», was the 8th daughter and 10th child of John and Mary McLean, bom at "Waterloo" Angas Plains, on 5/7/1866 - d. 28/9/1956.
She attended the Angas Plains Public School, and after leaving school, lived at home for some length of time.
It is said that John McLean disowned her in 1887, after the birth of an illegitimate daughter.
Her Genealogical history has been contributed by Pamela Anne Nicholls of 4 Wendt St. Tintinara, S.A.
DEFACTO: «b»Richard Bent«/b». He was the father of Eliza's only child, «b»Jeannie Winniford McLean«/b» b. 12/9/1887 at Angas Plains,
MARRIED: «b»William (Bill) Samuel Andrews«/b» b. 21/1/1890.
||28 Sep 1956 
||Christina and Donald McLean | John McLean's descendants
||7 Mar 2018 |
||John MCLEAN, b. 6 Feb 1816, Argyll Scotland , d. 14 Dec 1903, Angas Plains SA (Age 87 years) |
||Mary STACEY, c. 21 Jul 1829, Stogursey Somerset , d. 15 Nov 1872, Angas Plains SA (Age ~ 43 years) |
||29 May 1845
||Macclesfield SA [2, 3, 4]
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- [S-3] FS BRB - 'Donald & Christina McLean & Their Descendants', 1995, The BRB has a good index for each individual. Copies of the BRB available Strathalbyn National Trust Museum & Library, several libraries around Australia including State Library SA, and Western Australian Genealogical Society Bayswater WA Request assistance for locating a copy through 'Contact us' on this website. .
- [S-59] http://www.familyhistorysa.info/colonists.html, Barry Leadbetter, 4, 8 Dec 2017 Researcher Lorna McLean.
FOUND TO BE INCORRECT ON MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE No282574 COPY WITH GREAT GRANDDAUGHTER ON 8TH DEC 2017, Researcher Lorna McLean.
ERROR;MCLEAN John, Mary STACEY married 1845-05-29 at Chapel, Macclesfield SA, aged 27=1818 which was 1816 for John Mclean, 18=1827 for Mary Stacey so year of birth 1829 was altered for Mary Stacey and John McLean from 1816 to 1818
Married date 25Sep1845 has no citation by Edwin McLean; so altered to this date 29 May 1845
Confirmed by the said website and alterations were made with citations from Website by Barry Leadbetter found by researcher Lorna McLean 05/12/2016
- [S-11] BDM certificate - sighted and attached , Marriage Certificate No282574 in district of Hindmarsh, 8 Dec 2017 Researcher Lorna McLean.
Marriage Certificate282574 cites marriage 25 Sep 1845 at Chapel Maccesfield SA in presence of Harriett Stacey all parties signed with a cross.
- [S-75] http://www.genealogysa.org.au, https://www.genealogysa.org.au/user-details/product/uid-728760/coid-2/cid-2/request_data-%7B/quot;option-/quot;--/quot;com_search-/quot;,-/quot;Itemid-/quot;32-/quot;surname-/quot;mclean-/quot;check-/quot;1-/quot;gname-/quot;john-/quot;year-/quot;1845-/quot;range-/quot;5-/quot;cusearch-/quot;Search-/quot;a4bd3f58e9df756191d0f96ccbc0b1ee-/quot;6235051a8cb6ac0fb342a1c5012bf974-/quot;__utma-/quot;175478836_926997949_1548135433_1548135433_1548135433_1-/quot;__utmc-/quot;175478836-/quot;__utmz-/quot;175478836_1548135433_1_1_utmcsr-(direct)%7Cutmccn=(direct)%7Cutmcmd=(none)/quot;__utmt-/quot;__utmb-/quot;175478836_2_10_1548135433-/quot;%7D-.html, 30 Jan 2019 Researcher Lorna McLean.
Groom Given Name(s): John Groom Last Name: MCLEAN Bride Given Name(s): Mary Bride Last Name: STACEY Marriage Date: 1845, May 29 Marriage Place: Chapel Macclesfield Groom Age: 27 Groom Approx. Birth Year: 1818 Groom Marital Status: S Groom Father:Bride Age: 18 Bride Approx. Birth Year: 1827 Bride Marital Status: S Bride Father Name:James STACEY District: Adelaide Book/Page: 12/196
William Samuel ANDREWS and Eliza Jessie MCLEAN
Marriage Date: 1890, January 21 Marriage Place: Registry Office AdelaideSA Groom Age: 29 Groom Approx. Birth Year: 1861 Groom Father: John Charles ANDREWS Bride Age: 23 Bride Approx. Birth Year: 1867 Bride Father Name: John MCLEAN