...do YOUR families link back to first South Australian wheat growers?
Christina and Donald McLEAN from Scotland 1837
1864 - 1888 (24 years)
||Margaret Ann MCLEAN  |
- Possibly her middle name is spelt Anne
||8 Apr 1864
||Angas Plains SA 
- BORN 'Waterloo', Angas Plains SA
||MARGARET ANN McLEAN, was the 7th daughter, and 9th child, of John and Mary McLean, born at "Waterloo" Angas Plains, on 8/4/1864.|
She attended the Angas Plains Public School with other members of the family.
She is next reported in Dimboola district of Victoria, her sisters, Mary Ann and Christina, and possibly Jemima also living in the area.
MARRIAGE: Margaret Ann married William Semple at Dimboola on 27/10/1887
Her daughter, Eliza Jane Semple, was born on the 28/10/1888.
Margaret died in Dimboola on 10/11/1888.
Thus Margaret died just 2 weeks after the birth of her daughter - and this was just a year after the wedding.
John McLean provided a bequest of £50.00 to his granddaughter in his will made on 19/2/1891, naming her as Eliza Jane Semple (not Ann). John McLean died on 14/12/1903, but there is no information on the residence of his grand daughter at that time.
ONLY CHILD - Eliza Jane Semple, b. 28/10/1888 at Dimboola 
||10 Nov 1888
||Dimboola Vic 
||Christina and Donald McLean | John McLean's descendants
||24 Jun 2017 |
||John MCLEAN, b. 6 Feb 1816, Argyll Scotland , d. 14 Dec 1903, Angas Plains SA (Age 87 years) |
||Mary STACEY, c. 21 Jul 1829, Stogursey Somerset , d. 15 Nov 1872, Angas Plains SA (Age ~ 43 years) |
||29 May 1845
||Macclesfield SA [2, 3, 4]
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- [S-3] FS BRB - 'Donald & Christina McLean & Their Descendants', 1995, The BRB has a good index for each individual. Copies of the BRB available Strathalbyn National Trust Museum & Library, several libraries around Australia including State Library SA, and Western Australian Genealogical Society Bayswater WA Request assistance for locating a copy through 'Contact us' on this website. .
- [S-59] http://www.familyhistorysa.info/colonists.html, Barry Leadbetter, 4, 8 Dec 2017 Researcher Lorna McLean.
FOUND TO BE INCORRECT ON MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE No282574 COPY WITH GREAT GRANDDAUGHTER ON 8TH DEC 2017, Researcher Lorna McLean.
ERROR;MCLEAN John, Mary STACEY married 1845-05-29 at Chapel, Macclesfield SA, aged 27=1818 which was 1816 for John Mclean, 18=1827 for Mary Stacey so year of birth 1829 was altered for Mary Stacey and John McLean from 1816 to 1818
Married date 25Sep1845 has no citation by Edwin McLean; so altered to this date 29 May 1845
Confirmed by the said website and alterations were made with citations from Website by Barry Leadbetter found by researcher Lorna McLean 05/12/2016
- [S-11] BDM certificate - sighted and attached , Marriage Certificate No282574 in district of Hindmarsh, 8 Dec 2017 Researcher Lorna McLean.
Marriage Certificate282574 cites marriage 25 Sep 1845 at Chapel Maccesfield SA in presence of Harriett Stacey all parties signed with a cross.
- [S-75] http://www.genealogysa.org.au, https://www.genealogysa.org.au/user-details/product/uid-728760/coid-2/cid-2/request_data-%7B/quot;option-/quot;--/quot;com_search-/quot;,-/quot;Itemid-/quot;32-/quot;surname-/quot;mclean-/quot;check-/quot;1-/quot;gname-/quot;john-/quot;year-/quot;1845-/quot;range-/quot;5-/quot;cusearch-/quot;Search-/quot;a4bd3f58e9df756191d0f96ccbc0b1ee-/quot;6235051a8cb6ac0fb342a1c5012bf974-/quot;__utma-/quot;175478836_926997949_1548135433_1548135433_1548135433_1-/quot;__utmc-/quot;175478836-/quot;__utmz-/quot;175478836_1548135433_1_1_utmcsr-(direct)%7Cutmccn=(direct)%7Cutmcmd=(none)/quot;__utmt-/quot;__utmb-/quot;175478836_2_10_1548135433-/quot;%7D-.html, 30 Jan 2019 Researcher Lorna McLean.
Groom Given Name(s): John Groom Last Name: MCLEAN Bride Given Name(s): Mary Bride Last Name: STACEY Marriage Date: 1845, May 29 Marriage Place: Chapel Macclesfield Groom Age: 27 Groom Approx. Birth Year: 1818 Groom Marital Status: S Groom Father:Bride Age: 18 Bride Approx. Birth Year: 1827 Bride Marital Status: S Bride Father Name:James STACEY District: Adelaide Book/Page: 12/196