...do YOUR families link back to first South Australian wheat growers?
Christina and Donald McLEAN from Scotland 1837
1829 - 1872 (~ 43 years)
||Mary STACEY  |
||Y [2, 3, 4] |
||21 Jul 1829
||Arrived in South Australia on 20th June 1840. |
- Source: Freeman Family in the Macclesfield Jubilee 1840 to 1990 - attached the profile of her sister Sarah.
|Cause of death
||15 Nov 1872
||Milang SA 
|Mary's death certificate has her cause of death as "heart disease". The BRB (p265) states that she died from "pueperal fever then called milk fever - she was breast feeding up to the time of her death". |
||15 Nov 1872
||Angas Plains SA 
- death 'Waterloo' Angas Plains SA
||Strathalbyn SA 
||Christina and Donald McLean | John McLean's descendants
||2 Feb 2019 |
||John MCLEAN, b. 6 Feb 1816, Argyll Scotland , d. 14 Dec 1903, Angas Plains SA (Age 87 years) |
||29 May 1845
||Macclesfield SA [6, 7, 8]
|+||1. Mary Ann MCLEAN, b. 15 Oct 1846, Milang SA , d. 2 Dec 1927, Kaniva Vic (Age 81 years) |
| ||2. Christina MCLEAN, b. 28 Jul 1848, Milang SA , d. 30 Oct 1930, Nhill Vic (Age 82 years) |
| ||3. Agnes Jane MCLEAN, b. 20 Jul 1850, Milang SA , d. 23 Aug 1879, Strathalbyn SA (Age 29 years) |
| ||4. Margaret Ruth MCLEAN, b. 12 Jul 1852, Strathalbyn SA , d. 18 Feb 1864, Angas Plains SA (Age 11 years) |
| ||5. Donald Henry ('The Rover') MCLEAN, b. 27 Aug 1854, Angas Plains SA , d. 26 Sep 1933, Murrayville SA (Age 79 years) |
| ||6. John James b. 1856 MCLEAN, b. 12 Nov 1856, Angas Plains SA , d. 26 Jan 1864 (Age 7 years) |
| ||7. Harriet Louisa MCLEAN, b. 1 Mar 1859, Angas Plains SA , d. 22 Sep 1938, Fremantle WA (Age 79 years) |
| ||8. Eliza Ann b1861 MCLEAN, b. 14 Aug 1861, Angas Plains SA , d. 24 Mar 1864, Angas Plains SA (Age 2 years) |
| ||9. Margaret Ann MCLEAN, b. 8 Apr 1864, Angas Plains SA , d. 10 Nov 1888, Dimboola Vic (Age 24 years) |
| ||10. Eliza Jessie MCLEAN, b. 5 Jul 1866, Angas Plains SA , d. 28 Sep 1956 (Age 90 years) |
| ||11. Jemima Marion MCLEAN, b. 5 Dec 1868, Angas Plains SA , d. 14 Mar 1943, Belmont WA (Age 74 years) |
| ||12. Alfred John MCLEAN, b. 16 Oct 1871, Angas Plains SA , d. 6 Mar 1907, Angas Plains SA (Age 35 years) |
| ||13. Edwin James b1871 MCLEAN, b. 16 Oct 1871, Angas Plains SA , d. 23 Aug 1950, Strathalbyn SA (Age 78 years) |
||5 Apr 2019 12:19:54 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||BDM OPR KILMALLIE-Certificate Marriage|
Marriage John McLean and Mary Stacey married on 25th Sept 1845 at Macclesfield.pdf
||BDM BIRTH Edwin James McLean & Alfred John McLean on 16th Oct 1871 at Strathalbyn to John McLean & Mary, nee Stacey.pdf|
BDM BAPTISED Mary Stacey baptized 21st July 1829 in Stogursey Somerset-
parents James & Mary Stacey
||BDM 1845 Marriage of John McLean & Mary Stacey on 25th Sept 1845 in Macclesfield|
* Groom: John McLean, aged 27 yrs, bachelor, farmer - signature
* Bride: Mary Stacey, aged 18 yrs, spinster - signature
* Married: on 25th Sept 1845 in Macclesfield Chapel
* Clergy: John Austin, independent minister
* Witnesses: John Stacey (mark), Mary Capola? (mark) & Henrietta Stacey (mark)
* Registration: District of Hindmarsh, true copy on 15th Dec 1977, number 282574
BDM DEATH Mary Mclean nee STACEY 15 Nov 1872 Milang SA
- [S-3] FS BRB - 'Donald & Christina McLean & Their Descendants', 1995, The BRB has a good index for each individual. Copies of the BRB available Strathalbyn National Trust Museum & Library, several libraries around Australia including State Library SA, and Western Australian Genealogical Society Bayswater WA Request assistance for locating a copy through 'Contact us' on this website. .
- [S-3] FS BRB - 'Donald & Christina McLean & Their Descendants', 1995, The BRB has a good index for each individual. Copies of the BRB available Strathalbyn National Trust Museum & Library, several libraries around Australia including State Library SA, and Western Australian Genealogical Society Bayswater WA Request assistance for locating a copy through 'Contact us' on this website. , Page 264.
- [S-59] http://www.familyhistorysa.info/colonists.html, Barry Leadbetter, 4.
MCLEAN John, Mary STACEY married 1845-05-29 at Chapel, Macclesfield, aged 27=1818 for John Mclean, 18=1827 for Mary Stacey so date of birth 1829 was not altered for Mary Stacey.
Confirmed by the said website and nothing altered.
Website by Barry Leadbetter found by researcher Lorna McLean 05/12/2016
- [S-87] will require your own log on, page 273 of 578, 27 Nov 2017 Researcher Lorna McLean.
BIRTH OPR register 4 October 1822 with Church of Scotland, READS mary Stacey lawful daughter to James Stacey, Occupation:Tailor in said Parish and Mary MacDonald his spouse and baptised on 4th October said year by the Revd William Aird Thomson Minister the Middle Church Parish Perth.
- [S-118] FS Glenda Clare, nee McLean - ID 3291 - further evidence welcome, Email on 8th March 2018.
Details provided by Glenda are held within the records of the C&D McLean Committee and can be accessed by a message via 'Contact us' on the homepage and will eventually be with the Strathalbyn museum.
- [S-59] http://www.familyhistorysa.info/colonists.html, Barry Leadbetter, 4, 8 Dec 2017 Researcher Lorna McLean.
FOUND TO BE INCORRECT ON MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE No282574 COPY WITH GREAT GRANDDAUGHTER ON 8TH DEC 2017, Researcher Lorna McLean.
ERROR;MCLEAN John, Mary STACEY married 1845-05-29 at Chapel, Macclesfield SA, aged 27=1818 which was 1816 for John Mclean, 18=1827 for Mary Stacey so year of birth 1829 was altered for Mary Stacey and John McLean from 1816 to 1818
Married date 25Sep1845 has no citation by Edwin McLean; so altered to this date 29 May 1845
Confirmed by the said website and alterations were made with citations from Website by Barry Leadbetter found by researcher Lorna McLean 05/12/2016
- [S-11] BDM certificate - sighted and attached , Marriage Certificate No282574 in district of Hindmarsh, 8 Dec 2017 Researcher Lorna McLean.
Marriage Certificate282574 cites marriage 25 Sep 1845 at Chapel Maccesfield SA in presence of Harriett Stacey all parties signed with a cross.
- [S-75] http://www.genealogysa.org.au, https://www.genealogysa.org.au/user-details/product/uid-728760/coid-2/cid-2/request_data-%7B/quot;option-/quot;--/quot;com_search-/quot;,-/quot;Itemid-/quot;32-/quot;surname-/quot;mclean-/quot;check-/quot;1-/quot;gname-/quot;john-/quot;year-/quot;1845-/quot;range-/quot;5-/quot;cusearch-/quot;Search-/quot;a4bd3f58e9df756191d0f96ccbc0b1ee-/quot;6235051a8cb6ac0fb342a1c5012bf974-/quot;__utma-/quot;175478836_926997949_1548135433_1548135433_1548135433_1-/quot;__utmc-/quot;175478836-/quot;__utmz-/quot;175478836_1548135433_1_1_utmcsr-(direct)%7Cutmccn=(direct)%7Cutmcmd=(none)/quot;__utmt-/quot;__utmb-/quot;175478836_2_10_1548135433-/quot;%7D-.html, 30 Jan 2019 Researcher Lorna McLean.
Groom Given Name(s): John Groom Last Name: MCLEAN Bride Given Name(s): Mary Bride Last Name: STACEY Marriage Date: 1845, May 29 Marriage Place: Chapel Macclesfield Groom Age: 27 Groom Approx. Birth Year: 1818 Groom Marital Status: S Groom Father:Bride Age: 18 Bride Approx. Birth Year: 1827 Bride Marital Status: S Bride Father Name:James STACEY District: Adelaide Book/Page: 12/196