...do YOUR families link back to first South Australian wheat growers?
Christina and Donald McLEAN from Scotland 1837
1915 - 2006 (90 years)
||Catherine Gordon SCOTT  |
||10 May 1915
||Bunbury WA [1, 2]
||During WW2, Kitty met and married Lindsay, a soldier who, in civilian life, also worked in the National Bank of Australasia. |
After the war they did the usual circuit of branches of the bank, including Bunbury and the Geraldton branch where Lindsay was manager.
They were in Kalgoorlie around 1950 when Kitty's mother came to stay with them after she had sold her Kelmscott property.
They returned to the city in 1964.
Lindsay retired in 1972 after 45 years of service in the bank. It appears that he did some relieving in country branches after he retired.
With the children established in their various careers, Kitty and Lindsay were able to travel within Australia and overseas.
After Lindsay's death, Kitty continued to live in the family home in Claremont.
In 1978, Kitty became involved with the Royal Western Australian Historical Society as a volunteer, ultimately being appointed the Keeper of the Records which involved the recording of their vast collection of artifacts relating to the history of WA.
||Kitty's husband, Lindsay ('Blue') Woodman, worked in the Kalgoorlie National Bank of Australasia (now the NAB).|
[From Jenny Woodman, email on 17th Feb 2020]
||Perth WA 
|From 1978 Kitty was involved with the W.A. Historical Society and became Keeper of the Records. |
||Bunbury WA 
|After a business course, she worked for Vacuum Oil Co and then, after 3 years, joined the Bank of Australasia.Lindsay also worked for that bank. |
||Claremont WA 
|Death in Cottesloe WA. Source Cemetery records. |
||16 Apr 2006
||Cottesloe WA 
||Christina and Donald McLean | Allan McLean's descendants
||27 Mar 2020 |
- [S-3] BRB 'Donald & Christina McLean & Their Descendants', 1995 copies available, Copies of the BRB available Strathalbyn National Trust Museum & Library, several libraries around Australia including State Library SA, and Western Australian Genealogical Society Bayswater WA Request assistance for locating a copy through 'Contact us' on this website. .
- [S-113] NEWSPAPER TROVE Adelaide Advertiser SA, http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/26942771?searchTerm=%22catherine%20gordon%20scott%22&searchLimits=l-category=Family+Notices|||l-decade=191, 12 Jun 2017 Researcher Lorna McLean.
The West Australian Frid 21 May 1915 Page 1 SCOTT.-On May 10, the wife of Douglas G.
Scott, Bunbury-a daughter. South Aus
tralian papers please copy.
Public notice: please assist by not increasing compounding human error by further checking details of this profile BEFORE using it elsewhere and send courtesy email to administrators on homepage CONTACT ENVELOPE
- [S-126] CEMETERY WA MCB Pinnaroo, Karrakatta, Fremantle , 4 Sept 2017 Researcher Lorna McLean.
CATHERINE GORDON WOODMAN (nee Scott)
application number: KC00164191
Aged 90 Date of Death 16/04/2006
Suburb COTTESLOE Type:GARDEN OF REMEMBRANCE, Memorial Location:yes KARRAKATTA CEMETERY:MC SECTION, GARDEN 6
- [S-75] http://www.genealogysa.org.au requires login, https://www.genealogysa.org.au/index.php?option=com_search&Itemid=32, 16 Jan 2017.
Found Researcher: Lorna McLean at WAGS Bayswater on above website and hyperlink to actual entry. As I was not logged on it offered limited information. It stated "only Reg No 251/891 year 1912 in Wellington SA" More followup to ensure complete date and location"
- [S-113] NEWSPAPER TROVE Adelaide Advertiser SA, 17 Jul 1912 P8, 19 Aug 2017 Researcher Lorna McLean.
"SCOTT-BRADLEY on the 14th June (1912) at Kybybolite, by the Rev R W McLean, MA., Douglas Gordon, only son of the late Andrew Scott BA., Adelaide to Catherine Forster elder daughter to Alfred Bradley, Kybybolite SA"