...do YOUR families link back to first South Australian wheat growers?
Christina and Donald McLEAN from Scotland 1837
1925 - 2004 (79 years)
||Neil Graham MCLEAN  |
||27 Feb 1925
||Adelaide SA 
- Maybe 21st Feb rather than 27th.
- Neil's sister, Dora, said that all the siblings, except Neil, were born at home in Tarragon Street. Neil was the only one born at hospital. It is not known whether there was a particular reason why his birth arrangements were different. Note by Don Gordon on 8th May 2018.
||Serving the Church of Christ in Cowandilla :-|
* Deacon from 1949 - for at least 24 years as he was still serving in 1972
* Secretary from 1955 - for at least 18 years as he was still the secretary in 1972
* Treasurer in 1961
* Leader of Boys Brigade from 1951 and still serving in 1972
* Led a youth choir in the 1950s
* Led Christian Endeavour
* Gwen was the leader of the Life Boys (a junior version of the Boys Brigade) from 1951
||Land agent  |
||West Beach SA 
||27 Dec 2004 [2, 3]
- Don Gordon advised me 15.5.2016 - Neil Graham McLean was with an international visitor showing them around and passed away at some waterfall location; yet unnamed.
||5 Jan 2005
||Christina and Donald McLean | Allan McLean's descendants
||8 May 2018 |
||Sinclair James MCLEAN, b. 25 Feb 1884, Bordertown SA , d. 23 Mar 1972 (Age 88 years) |
||Stella Vinicombe MATTHEWS, b. 28 Aug 1887, Apsley Victoria , d. 8 Aug 1951 (Age 63 years) |
||18 Oct 1915
|The wedding of Sinclair and Stella was held at St John's Church of England, Apsley on 18th Oct 1915. It was officiated by Rev JG Pollard. The bridesmaids were sisters Elizabeth and Ada with train bearer Viva Kealy and Audrey Stuntgell. Groomsmen were Alfred Bradley (cousin from Kybybolite) and McLeishmann (from Bordertown). |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||0118 - Neil McLean, Dora Gordon, Malcolm McLean, Jean Green & Ron McLean.jpg|
||0121 - Family of Neil G McLean at West Beach, SA.jpg|
Note from Heather : Dad (Neil) is not in the photo because he would have been standing on a chair with the camera. The families would have waited patiently while he focused. Then at last the photo was taken. They are clockwise around the table, starting with Gwen, Daniel, Jim, Andrew, Heather, Nathan, Michael, Vicki, Luke, Matthew & Christine.
CJ A (I1562)
MJ M (I1571)
LE M (I1564)
V L (I1570)
MJ C (I1568)
NA C (I1567)
HG M (I1565)
AC M (I1569)
JA M (I1561)
DJ M (I1563)
- [S-3] FS BRB - 'Donald & Christina McLean & Their Descendants', 1995, The BRB has a good index for each individual. Copies of the BRB available Strathalbyn National Trust Museum & Library, several libraries around Australia including State Library SA, and Western Australian Genealogical Society Bayswater WA Request assistance for locating a copy through 'Contact us' on this website. .
- [S-16] FM Joan Natalie Smith and Flora May Whaley, Researcher Lorna McLean, 18 May 2016 source lorna mclean.
Don Gordon advised me that Neil Graham McLean had requested to be buried in Strathalbyn SA
Advised; Neil Graham McLean was showing an international traveller around and Neil passed away near some unnamed location at a waterfall.
- [S-13] REGISTER Burials & Cremations - Alexandrina Council SA, Family History Group at Library, 54, 18 May 2016 source lorna mclean.
burial register names the plot number as No20 Div6