...do YOUR families link back to first South Australian wheat growers?
Christina and Donald McLEAN from Scotland 1837
1922 - 2011 (89 years)
||Ronald Sinclair Allen MCLEAN  |
- His sister, Dora, thought that Ron was born at home in Tarragon Street. Note by Don Gordon on 8th May 2018.
||13 Oct 1922
||Hindmarsh SA [1, 2, 3]
||* In the early 1940s Ron led the Junior Christian Endeavour ? the numbers were approximately 60, especially during the competitions.|
* Ron preached his first sermon at Torrensville Church because they were short of men and the Cowandilla church helped out.
* Elder at Cowandilla CofC from 1961 and still serving in 1972.
||Minister of religion in New Hebredies (Vanuatu)  |
||Secretary of Churches of Christ Mission Board  |
||* Brought up at 53 Tarragon St.|
* Worked in the New Hebridies for many years.
* Live in 53 Tarragon St after New Hebridies.
* Later - 5 Whibley St, Henley Beach SA 
||7 Nov 2011
||Adelaide SA 
||Christina and Donald McLean | Allan McLean's descendants
||12 Mar 2021 |
||Sinclair James MCLEAN, b. 25 Feb 1884, Bordertown SA , d. 23 Mar 1972, Mile End SA (Age 88 years) |
||Stella Vinicombe MATTHEWS, b. 28 Aug 1887, Apsley Vic , d. 8 Aug 1951, Adelaide SA (Age 63 years) |
||18 Oct 1915
|The wedding of Sinclair and Stella was held at St John's Church of England, Apsley on 18th Oct 1915. It was officiated by Rev JG Pollard. The bridesmaids were sisters Elizabeth and Ada with train bearer Viva Kealy and Audrey Stuntgell. Groomsmen were Alfred Bradley (cousin from Kybybolite) and McLeishmann (from Bordertown). |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
Phillis June d.2011 passed away on 15 Sep 2011, Ronald Sinclair Allan Mclean passed away on 1 Novber 2011 89 yoa
- [S-3] BRB 'Donald & Christina McLean & Their Descendants', 1995 copies available, Copies of the BRB available Strathalbyn National Trust Museum & Library, several libraries around Australia including State Library SA, and Western Australian Genealogical Society Bayswater WA Request assistance for locating a copy through 'Contact us' on this website. .
- [S-75] http://www.genealogysa.org.au requires login, https://www..org.au/index.php?option=com_search&Itemid=32, 16 Jan 2017.
Researcher Lorna McLean at WAGS Bayswater: GenealogySA website had "only birth Hindmarsh SA 1922 and parents names matched our website (sourced BRB)" so further research required to find on Trove or elsewhere.
- [S-24] https://findmypast.com.au, http://search.findmypast.com.au/record?id=anz%2fau%2fsa%2fbmd%2fb%2f0000487686, 9 Feb 2017 Researcher Lorna McLean.
First name(s) Ronald Sinclair Allen
Last name McLean
Birth year 1922
Birth date 13 Oct 1922
Place Mile End
State South Australia
Father's first name(s) Sinclair James
Father's last name McLean
Mother's first name(s) Stella Vinecombe
Mother's last name Matthews
Registration number 104A/149
Record set South Australia Births 1842-1928
Category Life Events (BDMs)
Subcategory Births & baptisms
Collections from Australia & New Zealand
© Genealogy SA, trading as the South Australian Genealogy & Heraldry Society Inc; www.genealogysa.org.au
- [S-109] https://savill.collections.slsa.sa.gov.au, Alpha search under M approx half way down, 13 May 2017 Researcher Lorna McLean.
Savill Index of The Advertiser Funeral Notices:1971 ? 2016 entry reading McLean Ronald Sinclair Allen 7/11/2011
In event of absence of BDM certificate Please ensure the public do further research to avoid repetitive compounding human error.