...do YOUR families link back to first South Australian wheat growers?
Christina and Donald McLEAN from Scotland 1837
1841 - 1944 (102 years)
||George James THOMPSON  |
||5 Apr 1841
||Mt Barker SA 
||George was very unreliable and left the family and has not been heard again (BRB p86)|
On 3rd January 1868 a warrant for the apprehension of 28 year old George Thompson for the deserting his wife and family. (see Flinders Ranges Research) 
||3 Feb 1944
||Mt Barker SA 
||Christina and Donald McLean
||4 Jun 2021 |
||Catherine DEHONEY, b. 4 Mar1842, Tipperary Ireland , d. 5 Feb 1921, Strathalbyn SA (Age 78 years) |
||2 Aug 1859
||Adelaide SA 
|Children of marriage
||Catherine's death certificate indicates that she had had five children and that, by the time of her death in about 1921, two boys had died and one boy and two girls were still living. The two living girls would have been Mary and Sarah. The one boy living would have been George. One of the boys who had died would have been William. We know nothing about the other boy who had died (no name or date of birth). |
(This note by Don Gordon in June 2021) 
||Catherine had a sister, Margaret at Hope Valley and it is likely that she went to her for help with the delivery and her older child. |
| ||1. Mary THOMPSON, b. 30 May 1860, Strathalbyn SA |
| ||2. Sarah THOMPSON, b. 3 Sep 1861, Gawler SA , d. 6 Aug 1937, Adelaide SA (Age 75 years) |
| ||3. William THOMPSON, b. 30 Aug 1863, Strathalbyn SA , d. 12 May 1864, Strathalbyn SA (Age 0 years) |
| ||4. George THOMPSON, b. 1 Jun 1865, Strathalbyn SA |
||5 Jun 2021 08:05:11 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- [S-3] BRB 'Donald & Christina McLean & Their Descendants', 1995 copies available, Copies of the BRB available Strathalbyn National Trust Museum & Library, several libraries around Australia including State Library SA, and Western Australian Genealogical Society Bayswater WA Request assistance for locating a copy through 'Contact us' on this website. .
- [S-52] http://ancestry.com.au, ancestry.co.au with log in , 9 Apr 2020 Researcher Lorna Mclean.
Name:James George Thompson Birth Date:5 Apr 1841 Birth Place:Mount Barker Registration Place: Adelaide, South Australia, Australia Father:George Thompson Mother: Sarah Woolley Page Number:24 Volume Number:1
- [S-3] BRB 'Donald & Christina McLean & Their Descendants', 1995 copies available, Copies of the BRB available Strathalbyn National Trust Museum & Library, several libraries around Australia including State Library SA, and Western Australian Genealogical Society Bayswater WA Request assistance for locating a copy through 'Contact us' on this website. , p86.
- [S-75] http://www.genealogysa.org.au requires login, https://www.genealogysa.org.au requires log in , 9 Apr 2020 Researcher Lorna Mclean.
Groom Surname: THOMPSON Groom Given Names: George Bride Surname: DOHONEY Bride Given Names: Catherine Marriage Date: 02-Aug-1859
Marriage Place: St Patrick Adelaide Groom Age: 19 Groom Marital Status: N Groom Father: George THOMPSON Bride Age: 18 Bride Marital Status: N Bride Father: William DOHONEY District: Adelaide
- [S-250] Warren McLean - ID 1506 - 'Narratives - Douglas Hamilton McLean' in the Library directory on Don Gordon's computer, Page 11.