- [S-75] http://www.genealogysa.org.au, https://www.genealogysa.org.au/index.php?option=com_search&Itemid=32, 21.7.17 Researcher Lorna McLean.
married 1936 Mt Barker SA Reg368/2397 Advertiser SAgenealogy
- [S-63] NEWSPAPER TROVE Southern Argus SA, Page 4 Southern Argus (Port Elliot, SA : 1866 - 1954) Thu 18 Jun 1936 Page 4 TUCKER?BORRETT, 5.11.2017 Researcher Lorna Mclean.
A very pretty wedding was solemnized on Strathalbyn Methodist Church on Saturday night last, when Edna A., eldest daughter of Mr. and the late Mrs. W. G. E. Tucker, of "Kentucky Grange," Strathalbyn, was married to Harry J., elder son of Mr. and the late Mrs. J. Borrett, of Langhorne's Creek.
The church was prettily decorated by friends of the bride. The officiating minister was the Rev. H. A. Miller, and Miss Pat Read presided at the organ. The bride, who entered the church on the arm of her father, wore a beautiful frock of white silk morocain, with side panels of lace. The skirt was cut on the cross and merged into a long rain, edged with lace. The dainty cowl neck had an edging of narrow pleating. The back, which was slit about eight inches from the neckline, was trimmed with tiny buttons and loops. The sleeves were very full, and of lace to the elbow, and then of morocain, tightfitting and forming a point over the hands. A plaited girdle of morocain and lace was worn. The tulle veil was arranged cap fashion, and caught in place with a coronet of orange blossom. The bride's dainty toil-ette was completed with white court shoes and silk gloves. She carried a sheaf of white chrysanthemums and hyacinths, with touches of pink roses, carnations and maiden hair fern. Misses Daphne and Thelma Tucker, sisters of the bride, were her attendants,and were frocked in pink and blue respect -ively. The dresses, which were made alike, fitted the figure to the knees and flared into a full skirt. The cowl necks were, as the bride's, of lace, edged with narrow pleating, and lace capes, trimmed with the pleating, were worn over the long tight-fitting sleeves. Dainty little peaked halos of tulle with tricotine trimmings formed the head dresses of the bridesmaids, and tricotine was also plaited in the girdles. Their pink and blue mesh gloves had three large organdie frills. Silver shoes completed their very charming toilettes. Sheaves of Lorraine Lee roses, sweet peas, carmellias, carnations and maiden-hair fern were carried. The bridegroom was supported by Messrs. J. Borrett and D. Hassam. As the bride was leaving the church little Audrey Thompson hung a lucky horseshoe on her arm. After the cere -mony some friends were entertained at supper at the conclusion of which the newly-married couple Ieft for their honeymoon, the bride travelling in a smart brown costume, with a halo hat and shoes to match. She carried a brown handbag, the gift of the bridegroom. Mr. and Mrs. Borrett's future home Fix this textwill be at Lake Plains.